13.6.07

Twins Win.

I went to the Minnesota Twins vs. Atlanta Braves game last night with my cousin who has Williams Syndrome. We sat in the cheap seats, home run section I think they called it. I was surrounded by people ... I am not sure how to phrase this, a class below. They where perfectly nice people for the most part, but there was just something you could feel in the air and see on their faces. Of course many of them where younger and that could have contributed to the feeling but most of the older faces spoke of better days gone by. All drank beer, even the women, and none seemed truly happy or even satisfied. I felt a real lack of connection to the people around my and think it has to do with a simple difference in intelligence. They where outside the little bubble I've constructed. And that got me to thinking.

If the population is truly structured on a normal curve and testing has any merit. Then the people in my life just don't have as many people to relate too as the "home run section." Furthermore, the people we can relate to are spread few and far between and mostly located in cities outside the United States. As my friend often reiterates -- "to be great is to be alone."

No comments: